Monday, August 31, 2009

From my sis - X)

British English vs. Malaysian English

Who says our English is teruk? Just read below - Ours is simple, short, concise, straight-to-the-point, effective etc.



WHEN GIVING A CUSTOMER BAD NEWS

Britons: I'm sorry, sir, but we don't seem to have the sweater you want in your size, but if you give me a moment, I can call the other outlets for you.

Malaysians
: No stock.


RETURNING A CALL

Britons: Hello, this is John Smith.. Did anyone call for me a few moments ago?

Malaysians
: Hello, who call?


ASKING SOMEONE TO MAKE WAY

Britons: Excuse me, I would like to get by. Would you please make way?

Malaysians
: S-kew me.


WHEN ASKING FOR PERMISSION

Britons: Excuse me, but do you think it would be possible for me to enter through this door?

Malaysians
: (pointing at the door) Can ah?


WHEN ENTERTAINING

Britons: Please make yourself right at home.

Malaysians
: No need shy shy one lah!


WHEN DOUBTING SOMEONE

Britons: I don't recall you giving me the money.

Malaysians
: Where got?


WHEN DECLINING AN OFFER

Britons: I would prefer not to do that, if you don't mind.

Malaysians
: Don't want lah.


WHEN ASKING SOMEONE TO LOWER THEIR VOICE.

Britons: Excuse me, but could you please lower your voice? I'm trying to concentrate over here.

Malaysians
: Shut up lah!


WHEN ASSESSING A TIGHT SITUATION
.

Britons: We seem to be in a bit of a predicament at the moment..

Malaysians
: Die lah!!


WHEN SOMEONE DID SOMETHING WRONG

Britons: This isn't the way to do it. Here, let me show you.

Malaysians
: Like that also don't know how to do!


WHEN ONE IS ANGRY

Britons: Would you mind not disturbing me?

Malaysians
: Celaka you!


So which would you prefer? Send this to your Malaysian friends and let them have a laugh too. Good day!

No comments: